Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fireworks in the Winter???


Pocatello has a really fun annual tradition. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving they hold "Christmas in the Night Time Skies" at the fairgrounds close to my house. They have bonfires, serve chili and hot dogs, and have a firework show. The cost of admission is a wrapped toy that the Salvation Army distributes to kids for Christmas. It's a pretty cool idea, and even more amazing to watch fireworks in the sky when it is freezing cold outside and the ground is covered with snow. I love it! I can see the fireworks from my house, so this year I watched them from my window, all warm and toasty inside. The temperature was in the single digits outside! I took some pictures - not very good ones because they were through the window - but it might give you the idea, and anyway what's a blog post without a picture!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment