Monday, November 8, 2010

Gotta Love the Changing Seasons!

This first picture was taken off my deck on Friday when it was a balmy 70 degrees. The next was taken today as I am still waiting for the temperature to go above 30.




























Yep, gotta love the change of seasons in Idaho. So in keeping with the family tradition of the first snowfall, Christmas music accompanied me while I did my washing and cleaning this morning. And yes, it did include some Amy Grant. Now tonight when it gets dark early (thanks to daylight savings time), and I have my pajamas on and the fire going .....which Christmas movie should I watch???

The great thing about this is that for a day, the dread of oncoming winter has left me and been replaced with the joy of the season. Ahhhhhhhh

3 comments:

  1. Patrick and I totally watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer tonight! Love it!! And I've already begun my Christmas music listening. Isn't it fabulous?! I hate the cold and dark, but I sure do love the holidays, so that makes up for it. See you on Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's probably just because school is at about 110% right now that I consented to Rudolph. It's nice to think of Christmas in about a month - just not the eight tests that stand between me and a few weeks off with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice try with the disclaimer, Patrick. It's documented on my blog that you did indeed watch a Christmas movie before Thanksgiving. These are the things that happen when you're in love!

    ReplyDelete